3.1 Emergency Stop
- To stop all antenna motion as quickly as possible, push the red e-stop switch.
- To release the e-stop, twist the knob clockwise.
- During an emergency, disconnect all power sources.
3.2 Position the antenna manually
Use the jog buttons on the Model 8200 ACU, or
use the jog-control panel inside the Model 8250 drive cabinet:
- Choose the jog panel’s settings
- “Local” — enable these jog controls, overriding the ACU.
- “Slew” — jog buttons will move the antenna as its slew speed.
- “Toggle” — sustain antenna motion* once started, instead of only moving while a jog button is depressed
- move “AZ” (clockwise or counterclockwise)
- move “EL” (up or down)
- move “POL” (clockwise or counterclockwise)
*Until it hits its limit or the operator presses the jog button(s) again.