See important precautions and safety warnings in the Series 8000 ACS Operation & Maintenance manual. Detailed checklists, as well as procedures for checking the power, limit switches, and motors are found in Appendix 11, “Series 8000 On-Site Test Procedure”. All procedures are to be carried out only by qualified personnel applying common industry standards of best practices and due diligence.
2.1 Ensure mains power is off before installation.
For details: See below and refer to Appendix 4, “8250 Drive Cabinet” of the Series 8000 ACS Operation & Maintenance manual for all connection pinouts.
2.2 Perform power check prior to continuing.
Refer to A-11.2 “Drive Cabinet Power Checks” in the Series 8000 ACS Operation & Maintenance manual.
2.3 Yaskawa auto-tuning
Warning: This procedure assumes the motors are not yet installed on jacks.
When the drive motors are connected and have power, Yaskawa’s Auto-Tuning procedure configures the inverters. This gives optimal motor control and tracking. The process requires information from the motor’s nameplate.
- The inverters must be connected and have power.
- The motors must not be installed on jacks, they need to be able to turn freely.
- Motor wiring must be connected to the designated locations on the customer interface block (CIB).
- Be sure the drive’s input supply voltage equals or exceeds the motor’s rated voltage.
- Follow the procedure given in the auto-tuning section of the YASKAWA AC Drive – V1000 Compact Vector Control Drive, Quick Start Guide, specifically for the auto-tuning type Rotational Auto-Tuning for OLV Control. Recommended parameters for the Radeus Labs ACU are given in Appendix 8, “Setup: V1000 Motor Drives” in the Series 8000 ACS Operation & Maintenance manual.
- The drive motor shafts can be connected to the antenna after Auto-Tuning completes.
2.4 Inter-Facility Link (IFL)
The drive cabinet and ACU communicate by IFL.
“IFL” is standard, grounded Ethernet using RJ45 connectors.
“IFL-F” is dual-fiber using LC connectors, in multi mode by default and single mode as an option.
Fiber cable shorter than 600 meters:
- OM2 50/125UM
Fiber cable longer than 600 meters:
- Contact Radeus Labs with questions about the fiber connection.
2.5 Encoder and Resolver Connections
This organization and the wire colors are the same for all other encoders and resolvers, which are assigned to these positions:
|EL||210-1 through 210-7|
|POL1||200-1 through 200-7|
|POL2||190-1 through 190-7|
|POL3||180-1 through 180-7|
|POL4||170-1 through 170-7|
2.5.1 Encoder side — ships terminated
2.6 Customer Interface Block* (CIB) Connections
See below for the proprietary connections in the Customer Interface Block (CIB).
Right-click to open at full size in a new browser window or tab:
* The CIB is located at position #8 in the annotated illustration, above, of the drive cabinet’s interior. Three-phase power color codes follow North American common practice. Radeus Labs recommends adding an extra 1’ – 2’ of length in a service loop outside the drive cabinet, in case of future changes.